Click HERE to find out.
Unscheduled acute care episodes. Rapid decision making. Doctors slowed down by clerical tasks at the point of care. Urgent care scribes ensure documentation matches diagnoses for accuracy, and better health outcomes.
Feel the Impact of Patient-focused, Critical Care.
BenefitsContact Client Solutions
How it Works
While you meet the rapidly growing demand for accessible urgent care, our team designs scribe support programs to help you face the challenges across the care continuum.
We consider the unique urgent care environment and plan for the unexpected.
- Ensure providers are covered every shift.
- Train scribes on your EMR platform.
- Update ICD-10 and CPT code programs for accurate billing.
- Monitor quality improvement measures.
Urgent care requires an optimized team to provide quality care. Our scribes are ready to handle tasks in addition to EMR support to care teams and providers.
- Improve patient outcomes with top-of-license strategy
- Facilitate the completion of daily clerical and non-clinical tasks
Our process ensures scribes are ready for the non-stop ED environment.
- Step 1: Demanding classroom training
- Step 2: Training shifts with senior level scribes
- Step 3: Continuous and Regular Reassesment
The Advanced Scribe Training Program
Approximately 120 hours per scribe
- Medical Terminology
- System Based Videos
- Audio Exercises
- HIPAA/PHI Compliance
- Documentation for Billing and Medicolegal Liability
- Professional Appearance
- Case Presentations
minimum 6 days
- One-to-one Personal Clinical Training
- Real-time Chart Review and Corrective Feedback
- Advanced Efficiency and Patient Tracking Training
- Core Measures and PQRI Documentation
- Clinical Performance Final Assessment
- Quality Assurance Program and Continuing Scribe Education
- Monthly Evaluations and Performance Assessments
- Monthly Provider-to-Scribe Satisfaction Reporting
- Charting Review and Deficiency Log
Provide Quality Care with Medical Scribes.
Patients who are paired with Care Navigators report feeling less anxiety, and an increased ability to self-manage their conditions between visits. And providers report increased job satisfaction from improved efficiency, and knowing their patients have access to care teams, and strategic support.