Every Emergency Department is unique. Scribes you bring onto your team will adapt to the needs of the department. Your scribe team can be the size you want, work the shifts you need, and use your electronic medical record system. Scribes offset productivity losses stemming from the time consuming, click-intensive nature of the EMR. With you in the trauma bay, scribes update the EMR in real time, so patients’ acute needs are the main focus, not a computer screen.
Optimize Your ED with a Scribe Strategy.
And for patients who treat the emergency room as a primary care facility, the improved efficiency with scribes help to right-size your care teams to reduce wait times and Left Without Being Seen (LWBS). Getting the population you serve the precision care they need and the unparalleled support your care team deserves.
How it Works
Our team, led by an emergency physician, conducts an analysis and provides the roadmap for a balanced ED with scribes.
ED scribes are available for around-the-clock coverage and are trained to:
- Document Triage Notes to the Highest Level of Specificity
- Request Provider Feedback for Chart Approval
- Assist with Comfort Rounding
- Work with Nursing Staff to Prepare Discharge Information
With a medical scribe embedded within the care team, you will reduce inefficient documentation and improve clinical data capture for accurate billing.
- Capture information at the point of care.
- Identify unique patients for specialized care.
Our process ensures scribes are ready for the non-stop ED environment.
- Step 1: Demanding classroom training
- Step 2: Training Shift with senior level scribes
- Step 3: Continuous and Regular Reassessment