Information Voluntarily Provided by You
As part of your working relationship with ScribeAmerica, you will be asked to provide personal information. The personal information that you may be requested to provide may include:
- Contact information, including home address, home telephone, mobile telephone, and email address;
- Date of birth;
- Tax Identification or other government identification number;
- Work history;
- Education history and results;
- Eligibility or right to work;
- Interest in employment opportunities;
- Job specific questions that relate to your fitness for a particular position;
- Vaccination status;
- Employment history;
- ID badge photographs;
- Information regarding potential conflict of interest issues; and
- Information you provide to create security questions and answers used to validate your identity when you return to the site.
In some circumstances, ScribeAmerica may ask individuals to self-identify certain personal information such as their ethnicity, gender, veteran status, and disability information. That information is voluntary and your decision to provide or withhold any of that information will not negatively impact whether or how ScribeAmerica will consider you for employment.
ScribeAmerica will treat any personal information considered sensitive under applicable law in accordance with that applicable law. The collection and use of sensitive personal information will be limited to that which is strictly necessary for the purposes for which it was collected. Your explicit consent will be obtained to the processing of your sensitive personal information, unless otherwise permitted by applicable law.
Other Information Collected
As part of your working relationship with ScribeAmerica, you will use ScribeAmerica IT resources and physical controls which we use to manage and administer our workforce and workplace. For example, from observing your actions as a Worker, from records of your use of ScribeAmerica information technology, or from location-tracking enabled devices connected to ScribeAmerica assets you may use as part of your regular employment related activities with ScribeAmerica. We also collect personal information from third parties, such as your bank, your co-workers, and government databases. For example, what we will collect includes:
- Salary and salary history;
- Bonus and commission participation and history;
- Benefits entitlements and participation;
- Deductions (tax and social security, garnishments, loan repayments, if applicable);
- Details of equity participation in group company equity;
- Performance reviews and ratings;
- Details of any grievances or disciplinary processes and outcomes;
- Information related to facilities and systems usage;
- Network and premises access including CCTV footage in public areas;
- Content of email, chat, and other business communications on ScribeAmerica systems;
- Details of trainings completed;
- Data related to health for administration of accommodations, related leaves and benefits;
- Data on work related accidents;
- Data related to family based leaves for administration of such leaves; and
- Racial or ethnic origin data, to the extent you supply it, for diversity and inclusion initiatives.
Use of Personal Information
Any personal information collected will be used to:
- Enable us to administer and manage ScribeAmerica’s workforce;
- Undertake promotion and succession planning within ScribeAmerica;
- Comply with any applicable legal and regulatory requirements involving Workers, which may include providing reports to government agencies;
- Verify your identity to ensure security for one of the other purposes listed in this Notice and Policy;
- Maintain your employee records;
- Ensure or enhance the security and functionality of ScribeAmerica’s electronic systems;
- Protect against fraud; and
- Conduct internal investigations and comply with ScribeAmerica policy and legal obligations.
Personal information is used only in ways that are compatible with the purposes described in this Notice and Policy.
ScribeAmerica takes commercially reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information is relevant to its intended use and is accurate, up-to-date, and complete.
Sharing of Personal Information
Because ScribeAmerica operates with locations in many different states, we may transfer your information from one legal entity to another or from one state to another in order to accomplish purposes listed in this Notice and Policy. We will transfer your personal information in a manner that is consistent with applicable legal requirements.
With Third Parties
The ScribeAmerica may share your personal information outside ScribeAmerica to:
- Service providers ScribeAmerica has retained to perform services on its behalf;
- Comply with legal obligations, including in response to a legitimate legal request from law enforcement authorities or other government regulators;
- Maintain the security and integrity of our networks and systems;
- Investigate suspected or actual illegal activity;
- Prevent physical harm or financial loss; or
- Support the sale or transfer of all or a portion of our business or assets (including through bankruptcy).
All service providers to ScribeAmerica will use personal information only for the purposes identified in this Notice and Policy and will provide services under a contract which restricts use of information to that which is necessary to perform services on our behalf or to comply with legal requirements.
Sale of Personal Information
We do not sell personal information or share personal information with any third parties who are not service providers where we may receive a financial benefit from such sharing.
Access & Correction
You have a right to inquire about the personal information ScribeAmerica holds about you. To access or change your information, you can log into your profile and make any corrections or deletions required. To report problems with the site or to pose questions or concerns, contact us by emailing privacy@ScribeAmerica.com.
If you are a California resident, California law does not permit ScribeAmerica to discriminate against you because you exercised any of your rights under the CCPA.
ScribeAmerica has in place physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards appropriate to the sensitivity of the information we maintain. Safeguards will vary depending on the sensitivity, format, location, amount, distribution, and storage of the personal information. They include physical, technical, and managerial measures to keep personal information protected from unauthorized access. However, due to the nature of the internet and related technology, we cannot absolutely guarantee the security of personal information, and ScribeAmerica expressly disclaims any such obligation.
ScribeAmerica retains personal information as is reasonably necessary to fulfill the purposes described in this Notice and Policy. Your personal information will be retained so as to consider you for roles for which you may be qualified within ScribeAmerica.
ScribeAmerica may also retain personal information for any additional period as required by applicable law or regulation, court, administrative or arbitration proceedings, or audit requirements.
Changes to this Policy
As ScribeAmerica expands and improves this site, we may need to update this Notice and Policy. This Notice and Policy may be modified from time to time without prior notice. We encourage you to review this Notice and Policy on a regular basis for any changes.
Any changes that we do make to this Notice and Policy are not intended to make our practices less protective of any of your personal information that we have previously collected. Unless stated otherwise, our current Notice and Policy applies to all personal information that we have about you.
Designating an Authorized Agent
California law permits California residents to designate an agent to manage their rights under California law. If you qualify and you would like to designate an agent to manage your privacy preferences, you may do so using the mechanisms noted below under “Exercising California Privacy Rights.” We will also need sufficient personal information about your authorized agent to be able to identify them. As part of this process, you must have permission from your authorized agent to disclose their personal information to us for the purpose of acting as your agent.
Exercising California Privacy Rights
If you are a California resident and would like to exercise any of your rights you may do so by contacting us by using the contact particulars noted in the “Contact Us” section below. Additionally, you may access and correct personal information by using our corporate intranet applications or reaching out to your HR manager.
If you have any comments or questions or if there are other things we can do to maximize the value of this site to you, please email privacy@ScribeAmerica.com. If you have questions about ScribeAmerica’s privacy practices in general, need assistance for disabled individuals, or wish to report a violation of the provisions of this Notice and Policy, please email privacy@ScribeAmerica.com or contact us at:
Legal Department, Attn: Privacy
1200 East Las Olas Boulevard, Suite 301
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33301
Updated: January 1, 2023