10 Reasons to Volunteer
1. It’s good for you.
Volunteering provides physical and mental rewards. It:
- Reduces stress: Experts report that when you focus on someone other than yourself, it interrupts usual tension-producing patterns.
- Makes you healthier: Moods and emotions, like optimism, joy, and control over one’s fate, strengthen the immune system.
2. It saves resources.
Volunteering provides valuable community services so more money can be spent on local improvements.
3. Volunteers gain professional experience.
You can test out a career.
4. It brings people together.
As a volunteer you assist in:
- Uniting people from diverse backgrounds to work toward a common goal
- Building camaraderie and teamwork
5. It promotes personal growth and self-esteem.
Understanding community needs helps foster empathy and self-efficacy.
6. Volunteering strengthens your community.
As a volunteer you help:
- Support families (daycare and eldercare)
- Improve schools (tutoring, literacy)
- Support youth (mentoring and after-school programs)
- Beautify the community (beach and park cleanups)
7. You learn a lot.
Volunteers learn things like these:
- Self: Volunteers discover hidden talents that may change your view on your self worth.
- Community: Volunteers gain knowledge of local resources available to solve community needs.
8. You get a chance to give back.
People like to support community resources that they use themselves or that benefit people they care about.
9. Volunteering encourages civic responsibility.
Community service and volunteerism are an investment in our community and the people who live in it.
10. You make a difference.
Every person counts!
Emergency Medicine Scribes
Your focus should be on your patients - that’s why our scribes adapt to the needs of your department and work with your EMR. With our scribe program, your wait times will be reduced, allowing you to serve precision care and provide unparalleled support for your care team. With you in the trauma bay, scribes update the EMR in real time, so patients’ acute needs are the main focus, not a computer screen.
Whether you need in-person scribes or virtual support, you can rely on the hospital scribe program to deliver dedicated documentation and ancillary inpatient support. With hospitalist scribes, you can now optimize EHR use and a workflow for the inpatient setting without the burden of data. Our specialized training for scribes includes reviewing relevant history, lab tests and prep charts, ensuring the providers are ready to see patients.
When it comes to your specific outpatient needs, customization is key. Our scribes transform your care team workflow to meet these challenges. With expanded training in over 80 specialities, our scribes allow providers to see more patients in a day while delivering personalized care. Reduce your care team's clerical burden and improve clinical outcomes with scribes across all E&M levels.
Today’s healthcare landscape demands flexible solutions that adapt to your unique workflow. TeleScribes provide real-time, remote documentation support for providers in remote areas, on the go, or those in need of increased privacy for their patients. No matter where or when you provide care for your patients, TeleScribes transform your practice by delivering cutting-edge, engaged, domestic support.
Ambient AI Scribes
Speke, our ambient AI scribe, puts providers back at the bedside with a solution tailored to their unique needs. With Speke, natural conversations with patients are transformed into accurate notes through a documentation assistant built by experts in machine learning, and supported by highly skilled medical scribes. Our precise technology frees your care team to make more meaningful connections with your patients.